Kookaburra/Gay

Kookaburra/Gay
Lugarno Public sang this 1966

Sunday, September 5, 2010

91.5==request Birds of a feather.

Jump into the Fire by Harry Nilsson

A true classic!
18/08/2010


Quote.
MrAardvark
Points: 28Strangely, I just posted this exact thing on Facebook as my middle aged person's "song a day" recommendation for the young folk!
18/08/2010


Quote.
blackjack88
Points: 4Definitely a great recommendation.
The drum solo and bass were ahead of it's time.
Great loud.
18/08/2010


Quote.
Bowee
Points: 80could we replace every second bon jovi song with a Pearl Jam song? I can't believe the free hits this rock dinosaur gets, while a band that is still relevant doesn't get a look in.
19/08/2010


Quote.
MrAardvark
Points: 28
Bowee said: could we replace every second bon jovi song with a Pearl Jam song? I can't believe the free hits this rock dinosaur gets, while a band that is still relevant doesn't get a look in.


But he's a cowboy on a steel horse and he's living on a prayer, but somehow they'll make it through even though he might get shot down in a blaze of glory. FFS it could all be the one song really. Comet to think of it, all his songs ARE the same.
19/08/2010


Quote.
stavrosthegreek
Points: 4Im aged nearly 50 homeless couple of hundred bucks couldn't really care who wins the election either party will do.
What about Bohemian Rhapsody Queen, that would be a nice one.
A dedication to my ex wife Anne.
If you could please, from Steve, formerly of Oyster Bay NSW.
21/08/2010

EditQuote.
Big_A2
Points: 64
stavrosthegreek said: What about Bohemian Rhapsody Queen, that would be a nice one.



They play that song, like, twice a day.
23/08/2010


Quote.
Boogie
Points: 30Hey Guys any chance of a bit more Cream or Eric?
27/08/2010


Quote.
MickJJ
Points: 8More Dire straights, U2, INXS and the Eagles and Im a happy camper
28/08/2010


Quote.
bombers4ever
Points: 196more hunters and I am.
29/08/2010


Quote.
Bowee
Points: 80get rid of Supertramp, etc. Late 70s soft ass crap
30/08/2010


Quote.
bombers4ever
Points: 196yeah whilst I like msot of what classic rock play supertramp are a tune-out band for me. I'd be pretty happy if they were all gone.

good call bowee
6 days ago


Quote.
Bowee
Points: 80apparently they have a warning on poisonous liquids that says if you swallow any, don't listen to supertramp, as it may induce vomiting
6 days ago


Quote.
MrAardvark
Points: 28Without trying to stir the possum, in my humble opinion, INXS is the biggest collection of pedestrian/ordinary music Australia has produced. "Just Keep Walking" and "Don't Change" aside, they all sound much the same - and the lyrics, wtf are they on about. And before you shoot me down in flames, have a listen to them and compare about 6 or 7 of their better known songs - they could all be the same song.
4 days ago


Quote.
dfle333
Points: 296
bombers4ever said: yeah whilst I like msot of what classic rock play supertramp are a tune-out band for me. I'd be pretty happy if they were all gone.
good call bowee



Hmm bombers...be good to fire back your own words at you at this point:

"Its just a little tiresome that you seem to have this view that you are the font of all knowledge and the fact that the station isnt doing something you think it should means its not right.

ffs man if you dont like it, turn it off. How freaking hard can it be??? but just stop being a wanker here and imparting your infinite wisdom to the rest of us".
3 days ago


Quote.
bombers4ever
Points: 196its a bit different to carpet bag the whole radio station like you seem to than to just point out one artist that I dont particularly care for.
3 days ago


Quote.
dfle333
Points: 296You're spinning more than Tony Blair. All you do is bag people for giving their opinion and then you give your opinion as if people actually care.

I've bagged the station's repetition. And I've stated before I don't bag for them playing certain acts...I merely bag them for playing them or particular songs too much.

I didn't join in the anti-"Glory days" chorus until I started hearing it flogged mercilessly. So, I was last on that band wagon.

I'm listening to Classic Rock a lot less now...station of last resort between Gold and Triple M...when they changed format it was first port of call. Maybe you convinced them that the complainers here were working for other stations because they took that flaw of theirs and magnified it many times over. Spending more time on indie radio...which is where I heard that terrific Patti Smith song I just uploaded here.

P.S. I love 2 or 3 Supertramp songs. Gee...maybe Classic Rock should hire you as their programme manager. Psych.

Take your own advice on giving out advice to Classic Rock. Cause you are a hypocrite when you do so.
3 days ago


Quote.
bombers4ever
Points: 196dude youre being a little oversensitive. I can see your point on the irony of me saying I';m not a fan of supertramp given I've had a go at you for bagging the station. The difference is I'm not saying the stations a pile of the proverbial because they play supertramp, and nor am I expecting they;ll not play them just cos I dont like them. It was one comment on one band.
Im not against anyone - even you - expressing a personal opinion, it just is annoying when you seem to attack everything about the radio station when for the majority of it I dont mind it.
thats all I was saying.
3 days ago


Quote.
dfle333
Points: 296More spin bombers. You've overaggressively bagged me for sharing my opinions on the format and others too. If someone doesn't like the changes you accuse them of working for other radio stations. Just pathetic. When someone gives their opinion you paint them as being up themselves...yet dole out your own opinions like they are pearls of wisdom from on high. You're just clueless about your own behaviour. If you hadn't of been such a prat about bagging others for their own opinions I wouldn't bother bagging you when you give your opinion. Just saying that by your own behaviour you have proved yourself to be a hypocrite. That's all.

As for me attacking everything about the radio station...again, listen to me, I'm attacking their very narrow play list of acts and the songs that they flog to death. I listen so little to this station now because when Gold or Triple M are playing stuff I don't want to hear and I turn to Classic Rock, I go indie straight away because Classic Rock is playing one of the 15 or so acts that they flog to death...and it's usually one of the songs that they flog to death too.

And people are allowed to say that they think it sucks without people like you bagging them. Being the hypocrite that you are, I'm sure you'd start bagging the station if they changed their format again and support people posting their disatisfaction on these boards. The world doesn't revolve around you and you've made these boards very unpleasant with your attit
3 days ago


Quote.
bombers4ever
Points: 196perhaps we should agree to disagree. I'm not trying to get in an argument with you, we just seem to have a different opinion so why dont we leave it at that.
3 days ago


Quote.
dfle333
Points: 296I'm not looking for flame wars either but I just couldn't resist when you gave your opinion after bagging others here for doing the same.

I'm happy to end the discussion here.
3 days ago

http://www.classicrockfm.com.au/discussion_classic-rock-suggestion-request_98576?p=1#last
Quote.
Bowee
Points: 80so to sum it up - Supertramp are garbage and have no place on either a rock or classic station
2 hours ago


Quote.
stavrosthegreek
Points: 4Any chance of the song Birds of a feather? for Big Issue Lonsdale Street Melbourne and for the Body Shop Burke Street Mall.
From vendor Steve bonkers
The hot tramp.

12 comments:

  1. 1976.==SantaFe==Harry S Truman timekeeper on Santa Fe Railroad==Am I ever going to see your face again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blinded by the light==1.30pm MLB Monday September 6th 2010.==Launch Simpsons LBJ---Friday 27/8/2010.
    Maya Links and Calculators
    MAYAN CALENDAR TOOLS Online again, this is a massive calculator page, ... Pre-3114 - post-2012 NB Gives start-date as 6th September -3114 (see second group ...
    www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/mlink.htm - Cached - Similar

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1,157000 odd to sell at 253==on Blinded by the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Accurate time measurement down or up==In ERGS case I think it was 2003==it dropped heavily on blinded by the light. I was left with half a thong at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any Music played reflects March 9th Financial,==closing low 2009==3175.
    Not surprised Blinded by light is on the roatating software.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's on
    Forum
    Events
    Classic Rock Suggestion/Request0/5 Starsstavrosthegreek 21 mins ago
    MUSIC4/5 StarsMrAardvark 1 hour ago
    "My Music Lab" Is Stupid0/5 Starsdfle03 1 day ago
    Issue for You Tube uploaders...Site Admin...attn..0/5 Starsdfle03 2 days ago
    Programming suggestion...0/5 Starsbombers4ever 3 days ago
    Classic Rock AFL Team: Best Red Head0/5 Starsbombers4ever 3 days ago
    The AFLE Drugs policy...0/5 StarsBowee 5 days ago
    Will price of smokes stop people smoking?0/5 StarsAusmaniac 6 days ago
    Did you go to school with someone famous?0/5 StarsTigerland 6 days ago
    Ben Cousins- Such is Life" documentary0/5 Starsaarons10 30/08/2010

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gold 104.3===1.43pm
    Now Playing
    Road To Nowhere - Talking Heads
    Just PlayedReal Thing (Album Version) - Russell Morris
    Coming UpFox On The Run - SweetSweetest Thing - U2Reckless - Australian Crawl

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2wsfm===Sydney.
    Now PlayingDreamer - SupertrampJust PlayedPride (In The Name Of Love) - U2Coming UpThe Look - RoxetteLet's Go - CarsBetter Be Home Soon - Crowded House

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trading range so far for Monday September 6th 2010==at 1.45pm has been 3c==251 to 254.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Residents still alert for floods
    Email to friendPrintEnlarge text06 September 2010 | 11:02:36 AM | Source: AAP
    .
    Residents of Victoria's flood areas are still waiting to learn whether they will be evacuated, as large volumes of water continue to wash through their towns.

    .Floodwaters ravage Victoria
    Wild Weather
    Rain eases but Victoria flood threat remains

    Wild weather lashes Vic, NSW, SA, ACT

    Add your comment
    .State Emergency Service (SES) spokesman Lachlan Quick said crews had received 3800 requests for assistance since late on Friday when the deluge began.

    Volunteers will on Monday concentrate on Wangaratta and Shepparton in the state's northeast, Horsham in western Victoria and Bairnsdale and parts of the South Gippsland Highway in the east.

    "Floodwater will start to be seen at Shepparton and Horsham today but won't peak in both regional centres until probably around Tuesday lunchtime or after," Mr Quick told AAP.

    "The end's not in sight yet."

    High water volumes mean relocations could continue for the next few days, but widespread evacuations have been avoided by targeting individual homes.

    More than 55,000 emergency alerts have been sent out to affected residents over the weekend to warn of inundation risks.

    "It's just taking a long time for the sheer volume of water to make its way through a lot of the townships," Mr Quick said.

    About 50 Defence Force personnel are due to arrive at the SES Shepparton incident control centre on Monday to help with sandbagging and assessing the worst hit areas.

    Extra support for SES crews has been sought from Queensland, Tasmania and South Australia.

    There are 60 homes in Shepparton and 50 in Horsham at risk of flooding, while 300 properties have so far been evacuated in the central Highlands and northeast regions.

    Shepparton mayor Geoff Dobson said the town was hoping that the three waterways that meet in there - the Goulburn, the Broken and Sevens Creek - would peak at different times.

    The town is on a floodplain, so it was hoped the water would spread out at Shepparton and cause minimal damage, he told ABC Radio.

    "If that happens then we can hopefully minimise (damage)," he said on Monday.

    The flooding did bring some benefits, such as watering the Murray-Darling system and possibly washing out some locust eggs, Mr Dobson said.

    "It may well be a lot of the locust hatchings are flooded out," he said.

    "If that's the case they'll be drowned, so hopefully that might minimise it (a locust plague)."

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1346092/Vatican-appeals-for-woman-facing-stoning
    Vatican appeals for woman facing stoning
    Email to friendPrintEnlarge text06 September 2010 | 11:33:35 AM | Source: AFP
    .

    Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, is facing the death penalty after being convicted of having an extramarital relationship. (Getty)

    The Vatican has said it is in contact with Tehran over the case of an Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning for adultery amid a global diplomatic push for clemency.


    Iran 'stoning woman' to get 99 lashes

    Iranian woman's son pleads for help

    UK minister meets Iran envoy on trials

    West told to stay out of stoning case

    Add your comment
    .
    The Vatican said it was using "diplomatic channels" to intervene in the case, while Italy urged Iran for a "act of clemency".

    Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two, is facing the death penalty after being convicted of having an extramarital relationship in a case that has sparked an international campaign for her release.

    "The Holy See is following this affair with attention and commitment," Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said in a statement issued in response to journalists' questions on the matter.

    "The position of the Church, opposed to the death penalty, is known and stoning is a particularly brutal form," he said.

    Intervention by the head of the Roman Catholic Church on humanitarian questions takes place through diplomatic channels, and this sort of action has been taken a number of times in the past, the statement said.

    Pope Benedict XVI did not make any mention of the case at the traditional Angelus blessing on Sunday.

    Meanwhile, Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini on Sunday called on Tehran to grant clemency in the case, the ANSA news agency reported.

    While reiterating his "full respect for Iranian sovereignty," Frattini said "only an act of clemency could save the life of this person."

    He added that contacts had taken place with the Iranian embassy in Rome.

    Frattini also recently said he had arranged to meet his Iranian counterpart Manouchehr Mottaki on the sidelines of the forthcoming UN General Assembly in New York.

    The plight of Mohammadi-Ashtiani, who was also convicted of being an accomplice in her husband's death, which she has denied, has caused a global uproar.

    Tehran meanwhile has provisionally suspended the death sentence.

    On Saturday, Mohammadi-Ashtiani's son Sajjad said she had also been sentenced to 99 lashes for a photo of her without a headscarf published in a British newspaper.

    A French petition has been signed by two former French presidents and Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, the wife of President Nicolas Sarkozy.

    A hardline Iranian newspaper branded Bruni-Sarkozy a prostitute for signing the petition, with the French government describing the slur as "unacceptable".

    France has urged the European Union to threaten new sanctions against the Iranian regime over the stoning case, while EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said talks were taking place with Tehran.

    Mohammadi-Ashtiani's son called on the international community to continue the campaign, and appealed to Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva to use his country's ties with Iran to assist in her release.

    Lula has already tried in vain to convince Iran to let Mohammadi-Ashtiani take asylum in Brazil instead of being executed.

    ReplyDelete